Friday, December 5, 2008

Conrad

"A brother is a friend who was once a bother."

You can breathe a sigh of relief, I didn't write a character sketch on everybody, and I doubt I will have the patience to find a quote for all eight of my siblings either. Conrad is the next in line, and I had a reason for picking the above quote. Throughout most of our lives, Conrad and I have been mortal foes, competitors for the allegiance of our younger brothers and sisters! :-) One time on Conrad's birthday, Dad assigned us all to think of a reason why we are thankful for Conrad, which we were then supposed to share at the supper table. It was hard work and I racked my brains all day, only to announce at supper, "I am thankful for you because you kill bugs for me." That was then. Now, I kill most of my own bugs, and can honestly say that we are first-rate friends!

No comments: