Saturday, August 21, 2010

In the Old Days...

We worked in the autumn.
We worked in the winter.

We worked for our ice-cream.

And we always thought we were playing.

When it came to cutting down elephant ears, my idea was that I do the cutting and...

...Conrad do the hauling.

It wasn't part of the plan, but I had to let him have a turn with the shears now and then.

The idea here was: he scrubs and...

...I hold the hose.

No matter how good my ideas, Conrad always came out on top.

Weight-lifting.

(That thing was, literally, light as air.)

Young age road rage.

When somebody disobeyed the traffic laws, they had to be "pulled over."

Daniel Boone and his dad's palm pilot.

Ah, yes, we were whiz kids we were.

We loved to go to the office with Dad and...

...sleep.

Candace sees through a grid stickily.

Noah and his unconventional ark.

I bucked at posting this picture, but, when Charity said, "Whoa! I like that photo," I gave the giddyap.

In those good, old days it was Xtra Easy to be cool.

<><><> <><><> <><><>

God Bless you all.

Carmen



2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Aww, what a fun post! You really have some cute ones there! That grid stickily one has me laughing!

FirstWatch Farms said...

This is a REALLY GOOD post! Combines the past and present very well and make us all remember our childhoods and how times have changed. We're all getting old now... ;-)

~ Jonathan E.