Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Here's a guy who wasn't born just yesterday. Why, he's already seen several winters.

Mercy lost out in a blizzard.

Partners in Climb - ready to face the backyard version of Mt. Everest.

King of the Mountain

A new power rises in the North.

That power takes a tumble...

...and is hauled off on a "stretcher."

Over-exposed... to the cold. ;-)

"Dashing through the snow, on a one-horse open sleigh..." You have to use your imagination for the "one-horse open sleigh" part.

Looks like there's going to be a lot of leftovers from Candace's lunch today.

Ok, which came first wars or forts? Really, think about it. In the general scheme of things, which did come first?

Which came first, the snowball or the cannonball. Ok, I know - that one's a bit too obvious.

It's not just folks in Alaska who have to worry about being snowed in.

4 comments:

Josiah E. said...

The Cannonball

~Rebecca~ said...

I don't know...the fort? If you were in the midst of a war I highly doubt you would manage to find time between ammunition creation and the building of that refuge. And the building of such a structure would certainly cause others to pelt snowballs at you for no good reason...

And yes... I do talk like that sometimes. :) nice big fancy words!

Carmen E. said...

Josiah, I'm glad you explained your rational to me the other night; otherwise, I'd be suffering from extreme curiosity. Having thought about it more, my reply is a big "MAYBE." :-)

I tend to agree with you, Rebecca. It seems to me that the mind of man could anticipate the need for shelter/protection.
And, yes, nice big fancy words are great. I like them too much.

Abigail said...

Great picture of Mercy and Charity!